Wednesday, April 1, 2009

March Madness...

I am fighting a lack of motivation when it comes to blogging...but here it goes! We have been staying busy and time seems to be flying by. I can't believe it is April! March was pretty eventful for the most part. My Dad (Pap-paw) turned the BIG 6-0 so we celebrated with a surprise party. It turned out great and he was actually surprised! Here he is with five of his favorite kiddos...all of his grandkids!















And here is the gang...minus a few!













The following week, Jake and I hit the road (or the air, whatever) headed east. Jon was working in the Norfolk, VA area and it just so happened that my good friend Melissa and her kids are there staying with her parents while here husband, Mac, is serving in Iraq. We were able to spend most of the week with them and had such a great time. We visited Virginia Beach, Colonial Williamsburg and even hit up the outlet mall.

Jon, Jake and I took a little road trip to Washington D.C over the weekend. It had been a really long time since I had been so I wanted to visit now that I appreciate those things a little more. Jake does NOT like to sit in a stroller so we were a litte unsure about all the site seeing until we decided to get a backpack carrier for him to ride in. He LOVED it. Poor Jon carried that child for a good six hours, up and down hills, without a single complaint. What a good daddy! We had a great time and were able to see all of the major memorials along the mall, the Capitol, The White House and the Arlington National Cemetary. Enjoy the slideshow!


Since we have been home, we've enjoyed a few days of beautiful spring weather. Jake would stay outside all day long so we got him a sand/water table to keep him busy. He is having a great time with that! He is growing like a weed and changing so fast. I think it is time for my next post to be about all things Jake...words, likes, dislikes, etc. I have not done that in awhile, or maybe ever for that matter. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Katy Hill said...

I love all your pictures! Looks like you guys had fun. I liked seeing pics of Melissa and the kids-I'm ready for them to be back in AR!