Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Day of Preschool...

Jake had his first day of preschool today. He is going to Wee Care, which is a ministry of our church here in Cabot. He had been anticipating this since we met his teacher, Mrs. Kelly, a couple of weeks back!

They had a fish to decorate and bring on the first day, so we painted the fish and then gave him a cowboy hat because, well, he loves cowboys!! I had everything in his backpack and before we made it to the classroom, he had pulled out his folder and the fish and greeted Mrs. Kelly with, "I have to show you something, I painted!" He then told Jon and I goodbye and was off to start his day!

When I arrived to pick him up, he was sitting in Mrs. Kelly's lap while she was reading a book to the class and I could tell he had been crying. For some reason, he decided that it would be good idea to shove play-doh up his nose. Apparently the removal process was rather tramatic so I don't think he will do that again. We blew orange play-doh out of his nose the rest of the afternoon! :) But, that wasn't it...he also snipped a little of his hair with the scissors. Nothing major! I am just so thankful that his teacher has three boys of her own!

All in all, he had a great time and is ready to go for it again! Here he is ready to take on the day...

No comments: